Thursday, June 12, 2014

Feature and Follow, # 23


 Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.

Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by Parjunkee and Alison Can Read. This week's F&F topic/question is: 


Armchair Travel! Tell us about your favorite book in a setting you’d like to visit (a real place for this question). 

There are so many books I can choose for this question but I think this time I'll choose the Die for me Series by Amy Plum.


This is not my all time favorite read/series (I did enjoy it) but it helped to guide and grow my love of Paris. If there is one place in the world that I want to go more than anywhere else it's Paris.
I can just imagine myself sitting at a cafe, at a small table with only one chair, under a weathered umbrella, an ooey-gooey chocolately warm croissant in front of me, a book nestled in my hand, a warm cup of tea or hot chocolate on the table to the side of me. Idle Parisian and french chatter swarming around me. The eiffel tower looming over me. I could just picture it so vividly. I think I was born on the wrong side of the world.
Amy Plum doesn't drown her book in details about Paris, France but it was enough to tickle my fancy. I really hope I get to go one day. I may never come back!


22 comments:

  1. Paris is absolutely beautiful! I'd love to visit there one day and practice my French :)
    Old follower :)
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paris is one of my picks this week, too, but for the novel Anna and the French Kiss! If you like Paris, you should definitely read this books! The descriptions are amazingly vivid and very accurate (I visited once and fell head over heels!).

    New GFC follower!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm visiting Paris for the first time next month, and your description sounds just dreamy! Even more excited!

    Old follower!

    Erin @ Pursuit of Good Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you are ever in Paris and you want this experience stay away from The Eiffel Tower! Too touristy. Head out to Monemarte for the quaint streets and little french cafes. I love it there :)

    New follower. Have a great weekend! Amanda @ Go Book yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paris is phenomenal place and I also fancy it. The perfect summer location is Paris. I often imagine myself riding a bicycle within the streets of Paris.
    New Follower via Bloglovin' and Twitter.

    Thanks for stopping by at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always wanted to visit Paris, I hope one day we get to fulfill this wish :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paris is beautiful! I hope you make it there one day!

    You can find my FF HERE!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  8. I sure hope you get to go there sometime!!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. I chose the same book! New follower on Bloglovin and Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paris the CITY OF LOVE, great choice
    By the way, I'm a new follower
    Christine @ Bibliophilic Madness

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted to go to Paris myself. It looks beautiful!

    Here's my FF. I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Paris alone would be amazing! I went with my mum, who dragged me from one museum to the next, which was amazing but I would love to see it at leisure and soak up the atmosphere! Thanks for sharing :) Enjoy your weekend!
    My Friday post
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Die for Me. I haven't read the rest of the series but it definitely added to my desire to go to Paris. I almost had an opportunity to go during Spring Break but it didn't work out. I hope to go someday.
    I'm a new follower.

    ~April @ Once Upon a Coffin

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to go to Paris! You make the food there sound so yummy. ^.^ Great post! Thanks for stopping by my FF. New follower via bloglovin'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It would be so incredibly amazing to visit Paris; I have to agree! I think anywhere in Europe would just be so awesome. I'm an old follower. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Those books look beautiful, I'm always a sucker for a nice looking cover.Paris sounds like a nice place to be able to visit, it is always shown as being really romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Paris was my pick too. :) I'm an old follower from the post last week. Have a great weekend! My FF

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah Paris... Paris, Paris, Paris! A few years back I went to Europe to visit a cousin who was living in Amsterdam, and even though Paris wasn't on my schedule, I hopped on a train early in the morning to come back later in the day... and even though I was there for less than 12 hours, it was my favorite place. I'd love to go back one day, definitely!! Thanks for the follow, I followed you back on bloglovin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. When I visited Paris a few years ago, it was simply magical and I hope that when you go you experience even more magic than I did. Great pick.
    New follower via bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Paris is absolutely stunning, definitely want to go and visit one in my lifetime. Great choice

    New follower via bloglovin'
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  21. I keep seeing Paris everywhere! But honestly I'd love to go there someday and speak French. Great pick!

    My FF: http://girlinthewoodsreviews.blogspot.com/2014/06/tgif-feature-follow-204.html Thanks for stopping by!

    New follower via GFC and Twitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love all the books that I have read that were set in Paris. They have a certain beauty about them!

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my FF. Followed back via GFC and twitter! :)

    Alex @ The Shelf Diaries

    ReplyDelete