Thursday, June 26, 2014

Book Travelin'- A List of Books To Take You Around The World---Part 1

I don't know about any of you but I definitely can't afford to take all the vacations I would like to. There are so many places I would like to go and I hope I do get to visit them. BUT, while I'm unable to go I like to travel through pages. Here a few places(books) you might consider traveling to(through) if only through (by) words...

I was born and raised in New York. In my mind there is no place like it and there never will be. 
Here are two books that take place in New York in both the past and the present.
 Although I wasn't as happy with White Lines as I expected I would be. I loved this book for it's portrayal of New York in the 80's. It was very close to the truth and if you're looking for true New York you'll pretty much find it in this book.

All These Things I've Done takes place in future New York (sometime around 2083) where witless things like Chocolate are forbidden.

Paris, oh Paris! How I wish I was born there. Here are three books to fulfill your Paris cravings. Two I've read and one is on my TBR.

I haven't read any of these but they're high up on my list!
I just learned about Tokyo Heist but it sounds like a fun read set in a great place!


Italy is another one of those places that I have to visit at least once before I die and these novels sound like the perfect substitute until I'm able to get there!

Where would you like to go?

7 comments:

  1. No way.. cinder is in Asia?! Gilded by christina Farley is another from Asia... :D

    The Beautiful and the Cursed was okay... though I would enjoy going to Italy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a post! I love the Lunar Chronicles - I hope you get to read those soon! I've read a couple of books from Australia too - it sounds like a great place to visit :)

    - Kritika @ Snowflakes & Spider Silk

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANNA AND THE FRENCH KISS. BEAUTIFUL AND CURSED. INK. SO much yes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna <3 Can't wait to go back to Paris and New York with Isla and the Happily Ever After! The Beautiful and the Cursed is also on my tbr list, can't wait to check it out. Loved this post, I'll take two tickets to travel some more. ;)

    Melissa @ The Reader and the Chef

    ReplyDelete