Friday, June 20, 2014

5 Bookish Sites I can't live without Part One~

I'm not only passionate about bookstores, and the library. I also love bookish sites, especially those that offer personalized book services and links to free and discounted ebooks. Here are some of my favorites:

1. The Fussy Librarian
http://www.thefussylibrarian.com/
 This is one of my more recent finds. I can't remember how I found it but I think it was during a Facebook stroll. This site is great. It's like having a librarian at your disposal who knows exactly what you like. You just leave your email, the type of books you like, and you'll get recommendations daily or less if you prefer. They're typically well priced. This one has been pretty on point with the books they send me.

2. What Should I Read Next
I like this site because it offers you alternative titles and authors to any book you input. I've had several occasions where I'm looking for a book similar to the one I've finished and this site helps a lot.

3. Bargain Booksy

http://bargainbooksy.com/
I like this site because it sends me a decent sized list of books on discount just by providing them with my email. This one can also be received daily.

4. Bookperk 

http://www.bookperk.com/
I like this site because I often get discount notices of Harper Collins novels. This one is specifically for Harper Collins titles but with so many great books from this publisher you're bound to find one you'll want to buy.

5. Entitle Books
This site is fairly new. What I like about this site is the ability to sign up for a subscription service. At only 9.99 a month you get two ebooks and yes, they're yours to keep. Some eBooks are priced fairly high so having them guaranteed at five dollars each a month you can't beat it. My only issue is that there are some titles they don't have that are both new and old but I'm going to assume because it's still new they're catching up. They even have City of Heavenly Fire for you Shadowhunters out there. Also, you have the option to start out with a free trail you'll get one free book to start and it's yours to keep!
 

14 comments:

  1. I joined The Fussy Librarian. And I will definitely check out What Should I Read Next? because I often ask myself that quesiton. ;)

    Can't wait to see Part Two! Thanks for sharing. ^.^

    Amelia | The Authoress

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links Jazmen. I'm off to get some book recommendations from What Should I Read Next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you heard of Oyster? Kind of similar to Entitle, 10 bucks a month and you can read anything they have on their app for free. You can't keep them, but if you're like me and read 10 books a month, it's amazing. Right now they are only on Apple and Android platforms but they recently added tons of books and I'm obsessed. Plus if you know someone who has it already and you use their link to sign up, BOTH of you get a $15 credit for your monthly payment.

    Okay, I should be a sales rep for Oyster I guess huh? Pretty great though. I love this post, especially since I never knew about "What should I read next?" Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am familiar with Oyster. I've been considering trying it out with the free trial but I need to get through my billion of review books first but if you're using it I would love to use your link you might as well get the credit. I will let you know!

      Delete
    2. Hey - yes! That credit is so worth it! This is the link if you decide to sign up:

      https://www.oysterbooks.com/invite/amanda-reyes

      I love it - I have 40+ books on my queue already haha. I hope you like it if you give it a try! :)

      Delete
    3. I sure will give it try as soon as I get this list down some! Thanks a lot for that link :)

      Delete
  4. What Should I Read Next sounds awesome. I'm going to head there right now and check that site out! Thanks for stopping by The Reader and the Chef! The CBC event was great, wasn't it. I love how it connected everyone. I'll make sure to follow you and keep in touch. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! Love discovering new book sites! I'm checking these all out.
    -Amanda @ Escaping Reality Within Pages

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sites! I've signed up for Bargainbooksy and Myfussylibrarian - I love finding these sites ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. What Should I Read Next sounds like a site that I need. Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a certain type of read, so I'll definitely be checking out that site. Thanks for this post! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been using What Should I read Next for a While now and it's pure genius! Signing up for the Fussy Librarian now. Thanks for sharing all this usefullness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jazmen! Thanks for spreading the word about Entitle. If we can ever help with any recommendations or answer any questions, please let us know! Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete