Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Top Ten Books I wish more people Fangirled over...


I think we all have a stack of books we wish more people have read. I think it's so much more fun when you have someone else to talk about your favorite books with.



Here's my top ten:

The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
 11387392
I loved the lyrical style of writing in this book. The topic is both heavy and light handed all at the same time and the ending kind of blew me away. 

What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton
12819342 
I picked this book up at the library without even reading the back and I'm glad I did. It covers a harsh topic but the author definitely maintained a sense of wittiness and hope that I thoroughly enjoyed. The romance in the book is just the icing on the cake, and perfectly paced.
 
A Touch Mortal by Leah Clifford (series)
8428050
 
Existence by Abbi Glines(series)
13223520

Two Words. Dank. Walker.

Anew by Chelsea Fine (series)
12875436 
Twin boys to fangirl over, one more different than the other. It has a perfect blend of fantasy and teasing romance.
 
Variant by Robison Wells (series)
10433900 
An untrustworthy school, strange occurences, romance, dystopia--this book has it all.
 
False Memory by Dan Krokos (series)
10194494 
I love stories where the main character or characters have lost all memory of their lives, especially when their memories have been manipulated. This book has all that and then some.

The Loners (Quarantine) by Lex Thomas (series)
12620969 
This is one of my favorite dystopian YA novels and I don't know a single soul that has read it. A bunch of kids get stuck in the school after a freak disease takes over their world. Romance, and murder ensues.

Altered by Jennifer Rush (series)
10859509
 There are four boys to swoon over in this story and their back stories are pretty intriguing. My only gripe is that I can't find the sequel for anything less than 18 dollars. That's a bit steep for my liking.

Don't Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon (series)
13455542 
The main character reminds me so much of Lisbeth Salander from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. This book follows a bunch of computer whiz's and the criminals that are trying to contain them.
 
 

10 comments:

  1. This is a great topic! Honestly (hides face) I've only read Existence on here. I'll definitely have to check out some of those other ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope if you do get to read them that you enjoy them as much as I did! :)

      Delete
  2. Some those books have been on my TBR and I had completely forgotten about them and some I just added. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay. I'm happy. I hope you get to read them.

      Delete
    2. I'll let you know when I do, and we can fangirl together, cause I know the that feeling. :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Altered series! You are right that it deserves so much more recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Altered books too!!! They're so good. You can talk to me about those all day!! Some of the others ones I haven't read, but I do have them at my library so I'll get right on it.

    Kym @ Newbie Librarians

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that definitely makes me happy to hear. I still haven't read book two but if I find it cheaper than 18 dollars I will get it! I hope you get to check those books out and I would love to hear what you think when you do.

      Delete