Tuesday, May 13, 2014

John Dreamer by Elise Celine Book Review


BLURB
Andy wasn’t usually sure about much, but she was absolutely certain this was the weirdest day of her life as she stood stranded in the middle of a great white room with six strangers. Well, they were mostly strangers. She could have sworn she’d seen the guy with the green eyes before, and maybe that was why he kept staring at her.

When a man calling himself the Guardian appeared and said they had come to make their deepest dreams come true, they embark on an adventure none of them ever imagined, and the consequences of their actions would change them forever.

"John Dreamer" is the first in a series of books set in the confines of the Great White Room.


REVIEW
This book is pretty hard to explain without giving away the plot but I'll try my best. 
Like the blurb says, the story is about a girl named Andy. She suddenly finds herself in this "great white room" with six strangers, one of which has the most startling green eyes; one's that seem to always be on her.

The first couple of chapters are a little hard to navigate because like the characters you're thrust into a situation where you're unsure of what's happening or where you are. I think some readers might DNF at this point but it's worth reading through.

The story is both compelling and strange all at the same time. It takes some getting through, but there is a strong message there. Inside of this book is a story of overcoming fear, lessons of forgiveness and acceptance, and most of all love.

The love portion kind of threw me but once you get into the meat of the story you'll get it. The book is sort of complex and it takes away from some of the entertainment but I found it intriguing. I'm very interested in seeing where the book goes next, especially after that cliffanger-y ending. I'd recommend it if you're looking for something to read that's a little more meaningful.

4 comments:

  1. This sounds pretty interesting. Why is it that I've never seen this before!? ( /゚ Д゚)/ anyway, I'll go add this to my never ending tbr list~

    czai the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been seeing this book around the internet but I wasn't sure what to do with it. It seem like, if nothing else, I'll be intrigued. I might have to give it a try.

    Kym @ Newbie Librarians

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty interesting. It can't hurt to try :)

      Delete