Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I Am The Weapon (Boy Nobody, #1) by Allen Zadoff ARC Book Review

I Am The Weapon (Boy Nobody, #1) by Allen Zadoff
Expected Publish Date: May 13th, 2014
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Genre: Young Adult, Thriller, Mystery
Source: Little Brown Books for Readers via Netgalley
Kindle eBook, 352 pages

BLURB:
They needed the perfect assassin.

Boy Nobody is the perennial new kid in school, the one few notice and nobody thinks much about. He shows up in a new high school in a new town under a new name, makes a few friends, and doesn't stay long. Just long enough for someone in his new friend's family to die-of "natural causes." Mission accomplished, Boy Nobody disappears, moving on to the next target.

But when he's assigned to the mayor of New York City, things change. The daughter is unlike anyone he has encountered before; the mayor reminds him of his father. And when memories and questions surface, his handlers at The Program are watching. Because somewhere deep inside, Boy Nobody is somebody: the kid he once was; the teen who wants normal things, like a real home and parents; a young man who wants out. And who just might want those things badly enough to sabotage The Program's mission.

In this action-packed series debut, author Allen Zadoff pens a page-turning thriller that is as thought-provoking as it is gripping, introducing an utterly original and unforgettable antihero.

REVIEW
5 out of 5 stars

Fierce, thrilling and heart-pounding...this book had me on my knees.  I am the Weapon is my kind of book. It literally started at page one. It was action on top of action on top of action. It was so fast paced that I think the pages turned themselves. 

I am the Weapon is a story of teenaged assassin. He's trained to kill and ask questions, never. He has no family, at least not like normal everyday teenagers. He kills on command and he doesn't think twice about it, that is until now. Until her. Until Sam.

I think what I liked most about this novel was that it was completely unpredictable. I couldn't really anticipate what was going to happen next so it kept me on my toes. I had a feeling I would enjoy it but I underestimated it because I loved it.

It has a mature tone but it has all the emotions and inner turmoil you'd expect from teenagers but in a good way. The characters are total smart asses and I loved every minute of it.
Readers will be taken for a ride and they won't want to get off. 

I MUST HAVE BOOK TWO, right meow.


8 comments:

  1. I love when books grab you and make you read until the end!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was recently approved for this one and haven't gotten around to it yet but I think I'll be reading this next because you made it sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I hope you like it at least half as much as I did!

      Delete
  3. I'm really looking forward to I am the Weapon. Delighted you loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm sold. I want this book!!!

    ReplyDelete