Monday, May 26, 2014

Branded by Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki Blog Tour Stop!~



Branded by Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki
Genre: Young Adult, Dystopia, Romance
Published: June 28th, 2013
 eBook, 252 pages
Source: Authors via NetGalley


BLURB:

Fifty years ago the Commander came into power and murdered all who opposed him. In his warped mind, the seven deadly sins were the downfall of society. He created the Hole where sinners are branded according to their sins and might survive a few years. At best.
Now LUST wraps around my neck like blue fingers strangling me. I’ve been accused of a crime I didn’t commit and now the Hole is my new home.

Darkness. Death. Violence. Pain.

Now every day is a fight for survival. But I won’t die. I won’t let them win.

The Hole can’t keep me. The Hole can’t break me.
I am more than my brand. I’m a fighter.
My name is Lexi Hamilton, and this is my story.

REVIEW

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17402117-branded?from_search=true
Despair and hope commingle in this fast-paced dystopian romance.
Branded follows the story of Lexi Hamilton a newly "branded: teen who's now living in the hole a place for all sinners. The commander has created a world in which you are labeled and punished for your sins, the seven deadly sins. The seven deadly sins can either define or destroy you. If you're labeled as a sinner you are branded with your respective color and moved to the hole to live and work amongst other sinners who grapple and wrestle with each other for the rest of their days.

 Lexi winds up in the hole after being labeled and branded as a sinner, a sinner of Lust. She's thrust into a world scary and unknown and she has a guard along for the ride, Cole. He's cold and temperamental and...downright handsome.

Will Lexi survive the hole or will she succumb to the woes of her sin?
  
Branded is action from page one. A lot happens pretty quickly that it's hard to call the book out for being boring. But at about 40 percent it starts to slow down and I lost interest for quite a bit. Things started to seem disjointed and I lost the excitement I originally had in the beginning. Fortunately it picked back up in the last ten percent or so and a lot of what was missing in the beginning and second half was made up for, sort of, at the end. The world building is a little lacking but I find most authors make up for it in the sequels and beyond, and I expect the same thing to happen here.

There's definitely something here and I think with a little bit of adjusting in pacing (the romance happened a little too quickly for me--*insta lust alert*) and world building this can become a four to five star series.





1 comment:

  1. I read this book too! And I think it was really nice and interesting. I understand that some parts can be a little slow too! :( The ending, though, made me stop for a moment. But I enjoyed it! :>

    ReplyDelete