Sunday, May 18, 2014

Blogger Spotlight Sunday Featuring Monique of Something to Browse Blog!


 For those of you new to the blog, Blogger Spotlight Sunday is my opportunity to share with the followers of my blog, and social media; a new blogger I've met through some means as a way of helping spread the word about their blog. In hopes to help garner page views, follows, and comments.
So check out their interview, drop by their blog, say hi, comment, and follow :)

This Sunday's featured blogger is Monique of Something to Browse Blog.

Fictionally Obsessed

When did you start blogging and what do you blog about? 
I started blogging seriously in January of this year. I started the blog in 2013, but I wasn't as serious about it as this year. I blog about my love of books, mostly YA books, but books in general :)

 What do you hope to achieve with your blog? Awards? Followers, etc? 
Awards and followers would be nice, but I think what I love most about book blogging is the amazing like-minded friends I've gained. I love gushing out over books with my blog readers and obsessing over fictional characters. I think I want my blog to be more about connecting with other readers rather than just gaining awards and followers, but don't get me wrong. I like awards and I think my followers are amazing! :D

What is the one book that you will read over and over again and why?  
Cress by Marissa Meyer. I love Marissa Meyer's writing so much, and she's just so amazing at writing characters that you fall in love with over and over....and over again. Her writing is just that incredible. If you haven't started reading The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, I suggest you start. Cress is the most amazing book out of the series so far, and it won't disappoint.  

Favorite place to read.
I read anywhere and everywhere, so I don't have a specific favorite place to read. 

5.What book really got you into reading?
 Hmmmm.....I have no idea. I've loved reading for as long as I can remember, but it was probably a fairy tale book because I read a lot of those when I was a kid. 

It's time for prom or a big fancy event, what fictional character are you bringing? What are you wearing? 
I'm bringing Emperor Kaito from The Lunar Chronicles and I'm wearing.....ugh! I suck at these things. It's ok. Kai will understand. He'll probably ask one of the royal dressmakers to custom make a dress just for me <3 Haha! Isn't he wonderful? :)

Who's your favorite author? 
 My favorite author is definitely Marissa Meyer. See question #3

Favorite snack. 
Ummmm.....I eat fruits like they're snacks, does that count? Oh! Fries! I also like fries! 

Favorite book quote.
“Vanity is a factor, but it is more a question of control. It is easier to trick others into perceiving you as beautiful if you can convince yourself you are beautiful. But mirrors have an uncanny way of telling the truth.” - Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Describe yourself in three words.
Loyal. Awkward. Goofy.

Thanks so much for your fun answers Monique.

6 comments:

  1. Great interview! I love being introduced to new-to-me bloggers!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way of meeting bloggers! It can be a lonely world out there for those, like me, who don't know how it works. I've read your post on G+ and came over. Glad I did.

    ReplyDelete