Wednesday, April 23, 2014

SIx Reasons Why Book Lovers Hate to Move.

As a book lover, if you've ever moved and/or are in the process of moving you know how hard it is to move. As someone who has moved, and is in a sort of limbo process of moving I totally understand what it means to move. It is especially hard when you are a bookworm/lion. Here are my top reasons why:

Reason 1: You're moving.

You're moving, is by far one of the top reasons why book lovers hate to move. Moving is a process especially if you're going a long distance. You now have to figure out the next steps to take to move and your central focus is on how you will move your books.


Reason 2: You have to disassemble your bookshelf. (If you have one)
I don't have a bookshelf but I've spent hours imagining how I would set my books up, what trinkets I would put on the shelves. I pondered over whether or not I would use book ends or no book ends. Putting together a bookshelf is an art, so I know how not fun this part can be.


 Reason 3: You have to pack your books. 
Now I don't know about you but I have a numerous amount of books. I'm not even sure how many I have. Quite frankly, I'm better off not knowing because if I know I have to admit that I need to stop buying books, and I won't do it! Not to mention books are precious so you have to pack them just right, and if you have a lot of book that's pretty hard work.


Reason 4: In some instances you have to sell/give away your books. *cringe*

This is the hardest part of moving. In some cases you just simply cannot take all of your books. No matter how much you negotiate and force. You just can't do it, and you're forced to sell or give some away. This sucks and that is all I can say about it.


Reason 5: You can't buy any new books until you've officially moved. (At least not physical books)...I have to say this is where eBooks come in handy. BUT there is nothing like going to buy one and having it in hand.
I'm in the process of moving, well sort of. It's a long story. I have a the world's biggest box of books and for some reason I continue to buy new books although I know in my heart of hearts that it just is not going to work. But, I can't seem to stop.


 Reason 6: Having to explain to your parents/spouse or whomever you're moving with why all of reasons 1-5 are hard and why you can't and shouldn't be forced to do them.
Let's face it if you're moving with someone who doesn't truly understand what it is to love books they will not understand why it's so hard to be a book lover and having to move. It is a process to buy the books and it is a process to move them from one place to another.




 



8 comments:

  1. Funny! And I relate to all of these! My books are still in storage from my move months ago, by storage I mean a tiny closet that just flooded a couple weeks ago...I totally freaked out! I didn't handle the situation gracefully at all and I swear I discovered a super human ability- swearing while moving boxes faster than water can soak into cardboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL./ Oh no! I bet you moved faster than the eye could see. I know I would have. I hope all of your books were okay.

      Delete
  2. Totally agree...I can't imagine what will happen when I move away from home in a year.And I might have to leave some of my books behind which will definitely make me cry!Great post!

    Elena @ Book Lady's Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!/ Moving is tough for sure. Good luck with getting your books moved. I hope you don't have to leave too many behind. :)

      Delete
  3. I recent moved into a new place (thankfully it was only a block away from my old place) but in the past year or so I have been getting a lot of books, some I won some were gifts. Moving is always a pain, but It's even harder when you have 10 boxes of just books. So I can relate to this list in a big way. And my book shelf doesn't dissemble, it's stuck as a hulking mass of wood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were lucky you moved so close. Although moving books is hard in general. I guess it's a lucky thing it was only a block away so you didn't have to worry about the book shelf part. :)

      Delete
  4. Now im quite nervous. We're not in our own house, (we're currently looking for one) and all my books are in here and after i read this blog it's like it triggered something then my mind went like GODVERDAMMT I DONT WANT TO SELL ANY OF MY BOOKS I'LL START LOOKING FOR BOXES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely start looking now. It's a process for sure!

      Delete