Friday, March 7, 2014

Feature and Follow Friday #14






Feature & Follow Friday and How it Works:
Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.


Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by Parjunkee and Alison Can Read. This week's F&F topic/question is: 

Recommend some of your favorite back-list books - books that are at least a few years old 
I have to recommend The Shack by W.M. Paul Young
This book is life changing. It's heavily faith based so if you don't believe in God I take it you won't want to read it but you should anyway. It's amazing.

The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
This is a great coming of age story. I had to read it for one of my college courses and I loved it so much I went ahead and bought the movie. (Which is pretty good btw.)

Sookie Stackhouse series book #1 Dead Until Dark
I started this series just last year and it quickly became one of my favorites. It's amusing and so easy to read. You'll devour this series quickly.

The Giver by Lois Lowry I really enjoyed this book and I really wish book two continued with this same story.

Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder
I've only read the first book but this is a great novel and I definitely don't think it's get enough praise as one of the best YA novels.

What's on your list?

16 comments:

  1. I've only read Poison Study and Dead Until Dark. Great reads :)
    Old follower via bloglovin
    My F&F

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are new to me but each seem interesting. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read The Giver. My kids had to read it for school in recent years and they hated it which means it's probably fantastic! LOL I am a new follower via Bloglovin'!

    Kristalyn @ The Sarcastic Palmtree
    My FFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of all these books but haven't read them just yet. Thanks for sharing, they all look amazing! :D

    New follower via GFC and bloglovin :)

    -Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I absolutely love The Giver! I read it as an adult so I think I had more of an emotional connection with it than I would have if I had read it as a kid!

    Happy FF! New GFC and Twitter follower.
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books! I remember reading The Giver in school and really enjoying it. I heard they are turning it into a movie.
    My FF

    New GFC follower

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these, but Poison Study is on my TBR list. Thanks for visiting mine earlier, new follower via GFC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for Charlaine! And I love The Giver, too! Thanks for stopping by my FF! Following on BlogLovin' and GFC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read any of these :( But dammit I've been wanting to read The Giver for the longest time! What the heck is my deal LOL!!!! gggrrrrrrrr
    Book Hangovers Blabs Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many books so little time. I haven't even read Harry Potter yet. Shhhh lol.

      Delete
  10. Great list, some of those I've read and they're pretty good books to share :)
    Thanks for stopping by, following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel like the only girl in the world who hasn't read The Giver. Really ought to get on that. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Great list! :D Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you about Poison Study, it's such a fantastic book. I loved her Healer series as well. And The Namesake...excellent book. ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list! Thanks for visiting our blog!
    Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great selection, though I haven't read any of it yet.
    I'm a new follower :)
    My FF post is here

    ReplyDelete