Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Books everyone said I would love but didn't

I like having these open kind of discussions so I thought I'd do another one. I'll continue to do so alongside my reviews.

Now we all have been recommended a book by someone at some point or another (if you're a true book worm/lion whichever you prefer) There's always that one person or two or four that swears that certain book that they've read is also a must read for you. They proceed to tell you how much they love and they swear up and down and even to baby Jesus (no offense, God) that you will love it. Well that has happened to me many times and some of those times I didn't love the book much to their chagrin.
Here's a few that just didn't bowl me over like they did for some people. (This is my opinion, only my opinion!)


The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater


I actually read the book before it was recommended to me but I wanted to include it. While this is not by any means the worst book ever. It just didn't click with me like it seemed to click with so many others. I was totally into the story until I got to the end. The ending left me with much to be desired and it pretty much ruined the entire book for me.

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


While this story is very descriptive and well written, I just did not love it as much as I expected or even as much as everyone said I would. It's thrilling and all of that but I've yet to continue the series. I may or may not.

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover


Okay, so I know I'll probably be crucified for not loving this one but I just didn't. I didn't love Sky's character that much so I think that's what kind of brought it down for me. Don't get me wrong it's a good book I even gave it four stars. I just didn't fall in love like everyone said I would.

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

While this is a cute torn lovers story I just didn't see what there was to swoon over. A good book but not very moving for me.

The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay


Okay, Okay. I know this book is written beautifully and all the romance is timed perfectly and the relationship is very realistic and amazing but I don't know what it is I wasn't in love here either. I just didn't feel that connection to this story that I anticipated.

What are some books you've read and was told you'd love but just didn't?





4 comments:

  1. I loved Perfect Chemistry. I have City of Bones, Hopeless, and The Sea of Tranquility on my TBR list. For me, falling in love with a book has everything to do with the mood I'm in. I'm hardly an impartial reviewer. I'll tell you that while the world seems to LOVE The Hunger Games trilogy, I did not care for 2 and 3, 1 knocked my socks off though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually just get a feeling when I'm in love with a book and I didn't have that feeling for any of the novels I listed. As for the Hunger Games I sort of agree with you there, sometimes a book and/or series is just like that.

      Delete
  2. Even though I loved all of these (aside from the Scorpio Races) I can totally understand you. Everyone has different opinions and I've hated books that everyone else has loved as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed City of Bones :-) but I resect the fact that everyone has their own personal tastes. I did not like Graceling at all and there were so many people that thought it was the best thing ever.

    ReplyDelete