Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Book Blogger Spotlight, Esty of Boarding with Books Blog Midweek Special



So I usually do these things on sundays but what the heck I figured I run this one in the middle of the week give you something to read and someone new to follow ;)

This week's Book Blogger Spotlight is Etsy from Boarding with Books Blog


For those of you who don't know what Blogger Spotlight Sunday is (because you've never seen it, are a new visitor, or noticed I haven't done one in God knows how long it is a post where I spotlight a blogger who's new or old and wants to get to know fellow bloggers out there by answering a couple of questions and putting themselves out there. The purpose of this post/meme is to allow bloggers to gain more exposure there by gaining more readers and hopefully followers!

So without further ado here's my interview with the super nice, Esty:

1. What is the name of your blog and what is its focus? What do you blog about?

The name of my blog is Boarding with Books (I go to boarding school)  and it's focus is reviewing and spotlighting mainly YA books and their movie adaptations.  I blog about my opinion on the books' plot,  writing,  pacing,  feeling,  fun,  hype,  writer,  cover and basically any other thing that crosses my mind about it(:

                                           2. When did you start your blog and why?
 I started my blog about a year and a bit ago in December 2012. I had been following book blogs for awhile and I absolutely loved the idea of being able to shamelessly rave about your favorite characters with people who feel exactly like you do - and discuss with those who don't!  


3. Tell me a little something about ONE of your favorite books, sell it to me.

 Shatter Me by Tahareh Mafi - I just finished this one and it quickly became one of my favorites! I loved how it featured a strong and smart heroine who fought through her psychological barriers and life of emotional abuse to still be good and try to make the world a better place- not to mention the insanely dynamic characters of Adam,  Warner,  and Kenji.



4. Share ONE of your favorite book quotes, and tell us why you love it.
"There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. " 
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
As a student in advanced math, this had me reeling for hours. 

5. Favorite snack, and where and when do you like to eat it.
Soft vanilla ice cream.  Right around the corner of my school we have a little fro yo place that sells it and I love eating it there with my friends (:

6. Favorite place that sells books, and why do you love it?
The library!  The one in my city sells second hand books for cheap and it's such a relaxed place filled with books- what's not to love?

7. Favorite song right now, and why.
The Last Song I'll Write for You by David Cook. It came out a long time ago but I only recently downloaded it and I love it.  Why?  No idea..  it's chorus is beautiful- lyrics and melody.  

8. How many books are on your To Be Read Shelf? (you can guesstimate)
Physical about 13, ebooks maybe 5-6? I try to keep it low(;

9. Heroine or Damsel in distress, why?
Heroine.  When reading about a damsel in distress more often than not you find yourself growling in frustration like,  'why won't you DO something already?? ' 

10. What book would you love to see be made into a movie, and why?
Looking for Alaska by John Green.  It would just be breathtaking in visual.

Thanks so much, Esty. You have some great answers. Everybody stop by say hi, follow, friend, comment. Make the blogger spotlight count for something. 






1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Jazmin! I loved answering your questions(:

    ReplyDelete