Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sweet Reckoning (Sweet Trilogy, #3) by Wendy Higgins ARC Review



Sweet Reckoning (Sweet Trilogy, #3) Wendy Higgins
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publish Date: April 29, 2014
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Angels

It’s time.

Evil is running rampant and sweet Anna Whitt is its target. Nobody knows when or how the Dukes will strike, but Anna and her Nephilim allies will do anything necessary to rid the earth of the demons and their oppressive ways.

The stakes are higher than ever, and Anna is determined that the love she feels will be her strength, not a liability. But trying to protect the ones she loves while running for her life and battling demonic forces proves to be perilous—especially as faces are changing and trust is fleeting. When the Duke of Lust sends Anna’s great love, Kaidan Rowe, to work against her, Anna must decide how much she’s prepared to risk.

In the most sensual and fast-paced installment yet, Sweet Reckoning brings all the beloved Neph together one last time to fight for their freedom.


Review+Rating
4 out of 5 stars
*ARC provided for an honest review*
I'm still smiling even as I write this review. I am so excited that I was able to get my hands on this novel before its release. I have a special place in my heart for the Sweet series. I love angel and demons centered YA novels and this one is no exception, and quite frankly one of the better ones. Higgins couldn't have ended this series any more perfectly.

In the third and final novel in this series Anna is up for the battle of her life. Anna and Kaidan, her British demonic beau struggle to keep their relationship secret from the very forces that control them. All the while learning more about her angelic and demonic backgrounds, and how to keep everyone safe from the demons that seem to be everywhere.

I loved this ending because it was just that an ending, everything in this novel concluded the story. It was done perfectly and completely. I'm going to miss these characters so much especially Kaidan. (sigh) 

Fans of this series will be pleased with the pace and action in this novel. Higgins wastes no time delving right into the story and kicking off right where we left in the sequel. All of our usual players are back in this one and with a vengeance. We even get to meet some new characters as well.
I am squealing internally because I want to spill so badly but it would ruin the book for everyone so I won't but readers will be so pleased and more so, sad to see it go. Definitely the best of the three!

 I'm intrigued to see what else Higgins comes up with.


2 comments:

  1. I am jealous and I hate you that you got to read this book early. (I don't really hate you) Thank you for this spoiler-free review. I know that I will miss Kaidan as well. Part of me wants this to be made into a movie only to see who they might pick to play the embodiment of lust for us to drool over, but at the same time I dont because too many YA books are being made into movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really hard not to spill but I couldn't do that! :)
      I would be interested to see it turned into a movie if only it could be perfect but I only imagine them picking all the wrong people so I guess I'll stick to the vision I have in my head :P

      Delete