Saturday, December 14, 2013

What's Left of Me by Amanda Maxlyn New Release Review

What's Left of Me by Amanda Maxlyn
Publisher: Bandit Publishing
Publish Date: December 13th, 2013
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance 


Life works in mysterious ways.

Four years ago I became known as the girl with cancer.

I refuse to cry.

And I refuse to give in.

A relationship with a man is the last thing I’m looking for right now, but one night with Parker changes everything. He is persistent, and he knows what he wants. Me.

He doesn’t treat me like I’m fragile.

But he doesn’t know, and I’m not ready to tell him.

What if it changes everything?

Tragedy found me when I was seventeen.

Love found me when I was twenty-one.

My name is Aundrea McCall, and this is my journey.



Review + Rating
4 out of 5 stars


So I pretty much set myself up for this one. I knew the MC had cancer and yet I thought I could handle it. I made it through The Fault in Our Stars so I thought I could handle this one. I CANNOT handle the sadness these types of books bring. Why? OH WHY? Do we have to tell sad stories? They hurt! This book caused to me to go through a flux of emotions, ones that I am not comfortable with anyone seeing me go through.




These kinds of stories need to be told but they're so hard to go through. I start thinking how unfair life can be and that's precisely how you feel for Aundrea, but then she meets Parker has an amazing night with him and I'm all like "Parker you're my sweet baboo!"




As the story progresses, there are so many things that happen and without giving away spoilers it will break your heart put it back together again, and then break it. 


The ending...


What's Left of Me left me with not too much left of myself. It's heartbreaking and intense. There is heartbreak but there is also joy, and love. The way the story is told I would find it hard to believe if this story is not told from personal experience. Every detail is so vivid.

Maxlyn tells a story not many of us can deal with or want to deal with but she does it with finesse and skill. The love that develops between the characters help to nurse the wounds this book will leave you with. It's such a heartwarming/heartbreaking story. I don't think my heart knows how to feel.

I'm not sure I have the right words for readers to understand what they'll be reading all I can say is prepare for feels because you will experience them.

It's worth reading for it's sensitive nature and the way in which it's handled. It will break you and you will enjoy it but isn't that what we love about books. How much we can connect with them?


No comments:

Post a Comment