Sunday, December 15, 2013

Blogger Spotlight Sunday: Meet Emmanuel of SmartySmartie blog



So I've just recently met a fanboy/book reviewer named Emmanuel and he is eager to meet new bloggers so why not introduce him here. Show a fanboy some love, read this interview, and check him out! He'd love to have you!.

Tell me a little bit about your blog. When did you start blogging and why?
Well originally, I made my blog in September and it was just called Emdawg, but at the end of last month I finally immersed myself in the whole book blogging world and changed it to Emdawg's Book Blog. As to why I made my blog, back in September that is, I'd filled up yet another journal and decided that instead of just writing journals, I should start blogging too! I've always loved to write, and read of course, but unfortunately I don't really have any friends who share that passion in real life, and so, chose to see if I could make a few book blogger friends! Haha 

What do you blog about?
As the name suggests, it's a book blog! Yup, I'm all about da books yo!.. (Just pretend like that worked haha). But yeah, I write book reviews, and other book related posts, like just the other day I played 'Date, Marry and Dump, with characters from five different book series! Haha, it was actually really fun!

Tell me one of your favorite book quotes.
You know my mind always goes blank when I'm asked a 'favourites' question! Haha. But the first thing that came to mind was "The price of a memory, is the memory of the sorrow it brings". I don't know, I just vividly remember reading it in the book 'I Am Number Four' and just sort of going off in my own little daydream, being all nostalgic and weird! Haha

Three random facts about you.
Well I piano, for one, I am probably the unhealthiest person you'll ever meet (and I mean very unhealthy, once I had bourbons and nutella for breakfast..), oh and weirdly, I tend to shake my leg when I'm nervous. Not really shake as in the shivering sense, but just kind of vibrate it, up and down.. Yeah, weird, I know! Haha.

 Dream job
Well I'm planning to go off and study Medicine, but really my dream job would be that of a writer. Just write and read and write to my heart's content and not be given out to by my Mum being I'm not being productive haha!

If you could be any character from any book, who would it be and why?
Oh my God, the choices.. the freaking choices man! Well since I was really really young, I've wanted to go to Hogwarts and be a wizard and all that, but I wouldn't like all the attention Harry gets, so I'd probably want to be Ron or Neville or something! Haha. My other option would be Number Eight, in the Lorien Legacies series, but  the mean authors wouldn't kill me off!

Favorite place to get books
I haven't really ventured out into best places to get books, so I would probably just say my local Easons, or the Kindle store!

Hardcover or Paperback? 
 Paperback. I have a really bad habit of curling the front cover when I read, and I can't do that with Hardcovers so.. yeah.. haha! 

Least favorite fictional character and why?
Oh I actually have a few, but my current has to be Caleb, Tris' brother from the Divergent series! I goes way back yo! Haha

Ipod or Ipad?
For reading, I'd say an iPad, simply because the screen is bigger, but iPods are my go to for music and other stuff.

Find Emmanuel here:




3 comments:

  1. Nice to meet ya, Emdawg! ;) Good luck w/going into medicine, that's an important profession. Tho I'm like you, and wish writing could be my 'for real' job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too Leandra! :)
      Wouldn't it just be amazing? Haha

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the feature Jazmen! :)

    ReplyDelete