Wednesday, November 27, 2013

~My Favorite Fictional Love Triangles~

LOVE TRIANGLES
I know some of you groan when you hear the term love triangle but I tell you for me personally when it's done right, it works. Also I like them best when there's a resolution, meaning the center of the love triangle decides which one of her pursuers she wants. Although a lot of times I'm disappointed that they have to choose or who they choose. Here are a few of my favorites:

1.Katniss, Peeta, and Gale, Hunger Games Series
While I think Peeta is a total sweetheart and good for Katniss, I secretly really root for Gale. I admire his strength, and their friendship. He's strong and real in a way that Peeta somewhat lacks.


2. Stephanie Plum, Morelli and Ranger, Stephanie Plum series
I love the Stephanie Plum series and although I am a fan to the core and will continue to buy and read each book that comes out for the series, I'm slowly growing tired of it. I have a strange love hate relationship with this love triangle, honestly it's lately leaning more towards hate. For the love of all things fictional, Evanovich, please make her choose!
Let me also note that none of these characters that played in the first Stephanie Plum series movie work for me. I think my imagination is far better. Jus' saying.


3. Bella, Edward, and Jacob, Twilight Series
I know a lot of people dislike Twilight but I am a self proclaimed Twihard and you know what I'm okay with that. I liked it. So what, sue me. In this instance I totally rooted for Bella and Edward but I still felt so sorry for Jacob.


Simon, Clary, and Jace, The Mortal Instruments Series
4. I've only read the first two books and I know that things change eventually between this love triangle but I still enjoyed this mix. Not to mention I think Simon is just a cute as Jace and he wears glasses which I think is adorable.


Lucy, Daniel, and Cam, The Fallen Series
Daniel is a dream but I'm rooting for Cam. I love his edge.


Are there any love triangles any of you like?



6 comments:

  1. The fallen is my favorite. I liked both Daniel and Cam but at the end I was team Daniel. I love twilight also. I'm so not ashamed to say it. I was team Edward. I didn't like Jacob until the Breaking Dawn. To me he whined and acted like a baby. I felt he grew up more in Breaking Dawn. The Mortal Instruments is my favorite series hands down. I rooted for Jace and I felt so bad for Simon because he was in love with Clary way before they met Jace. I agree with you on the hunger games. I like Gale better than Peeta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I'm into the whole bad boy thing so I think that's why I chose Cam. Jacob was quite whinny in the movies but, I think it's because he was hurt and probably confused. I have completed the TMI series but I like Simon so I had to include him. I think Peeta but Gale come on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been Team Peeta. It never even seemed much of a competition, either! I don't think I picked up on a lot of the Gale conflict in HG--it just always seemed really obvious that Katniss should end up with Peeta.

    I quite like the love triangle in Splintered. It's not too forced, and doesn't annoy me like a lot of love triangles do. And again, I'm all for the sweet guy, not the dangerous one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you're saying. I haven't read Splintered yet but its on my TBR list.

      Delete
  4. To me, a lot of these triangles don't really seem like triangles. A lot of the time you have the girl and the clear love interest and then the other guy who never stands a chance. Like with Edward and Jacob. So I never get the sense that the girl is really all that conflicted. Or there are some that are at least a little more like a true triangle, in the sense that there is the clear love interest, but for some reason they can't get together and so she turns to the other guy (like, really turns to him, not just in friendship, but in a true romantic way). Then there have been some that seem more like true triangles, like Will and Jem in the Infernal Devices series. But I would be hard pressed to name more than just a handful of what I consider to be true love triangles, where the girl may actually end up with either guy and truly loves both of them in a romantic way. If that happens, and it's done well, I enjoy them. Otherwise, the guy is just in the way of true love and it gets annoying. That's my two cents! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I read Taking Chances by Molly Mcadams and there was a major love triangle there but I have to tell you it was one of those really conflicting ones. It was intriguing one minute and down right irritating the next. A love triangle is a hard thing to perfect in writing but they can be enjoyable at least for me for the most part. Not every time. Except for the instance where the guy really is just in the way. Its kind of conflicting.

      Delete