Friday, September 20, 2013

Feature & Follow Friday #7



 Feature & Follow Friday and How it Works:

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.


Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by Parjunkee and Alison Can Read. This week's F&F topic/question is:

Q: What were some of your favorite picture books as a kid? If you have kids, what are your favorites to read to them?


To be a kid again...
I was an avid reader even as a child. I preferred a book over a toy even then. I was a HUGE Little Critter by Mercer Mayer fan. I even still have the books! (Yes. I am a book hoarder) Now I get to share them with my niece :)



I also loved the Berenstain Bears by Stan and Jan Berenstain.



This post has me feeling very nostalgic. What were some of your childhood favorites?

15 comments:

  1. I'm only familiar with the Berenstain Bears.
    Old follower:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I faintly remember reading Mercer Mayer books when I was younger. Oh and don't get me started on Berenstain Bears, aaah. I absolutely love this nostalgia ride most of these FF posts been giving me. Love your picks, Jaz.

    From your new GFC follower
    -Bri :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. Thanks! I look forward to your posts and comments.

      Delete
  3. My son loved little critter! Thanks for stopping by, following back

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved those books too, I had forgotten about them. Thanks for following my blog, I am a new follower via bloglovin :)Jodie @ Aussie Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your list brings back so many memories!

    Old follower via gfc but now following via bloglovin!

    Guinevere & Libertad @ Twinja Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw great pick! Brings back some memories! Check out what I picked =)

    new follower


    -Amanda P


    Where the Night Kind Roam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! Little Critter! I haven't seen those in years! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday! Old follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Mercer Mayer. I especially like his book "There's a Nightmare In My Closet." It flips the normal idea of "monster" on its head.

    Also, check out this brilliant, instructive comic!:
    http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh... Little Critter! I love him. The BB are timeless. I've seen a lot of them with this one. My kids love both of them which is awesome since it takes me back every time we read them. :)

    Brandy @ A Little of the Book Life
    New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm unfamiliar with the first set of books but of course, the berenstain bears seemed to be familiar to almost everyone! Thanks for stopping by, and I followed back via GFC!
    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete