Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blogger Spotlight Sunday, Meet Dan of DangerousDansBlog, and Shelf Inflicted



Blogger Spotlight Sunday is a meme hosted by ME, that spotlights and promote bloggers in order to gain page views and followers. It only works if we support one another. So stop by, comment, say hi, and follow.

If you would like to be interviewed or you are interested in participating in the Blogger Spotlight Tour email me HERE, or click the link provided.


When did you start blogging and why? What do you blog about?
I started my first blog on MySpace as a way to deal with some things I was going through at the time and also to spout random nonsense.  My current personal blog (http://dangerousdansblog.blogspot.com/) started off as a lot of stuff about writing and chronicling my NaNoWriMo participation.  It's since become mostly a photo blog.  My first book blog (http://dangerousdansbookblog.blogspot.com/) was created in the hopes that I'd nab some free books out of it and my group book blog (http://www.shelfinflicted.com/) was created so some Goodreads friends and I would have another venue in case the Amazon buyout went bad.  

Recommend three books to other readers
The Promise of Blood by Brian McClellan - so far, this is my favorite fantasy read of 2013.  What's not to like about fantasy set in an era resembling the French Revolution?

The Big Blowdown by George Pelecanos - The beginning of George Pelecanos' DC Quartet.  It's a crime book but has an almost literary feel to it.  I'd recommend all of Pelecanos stuff to crime fans but this would be a good starting point.

Code of the Woosters by P.G. Wodehouse - the finest in British humor.  He  wrote over 90 books during his lifetime and out of the 50 I've read, this one is one of the best.

Favorite song, and why:
"What When Wrong" by the Slackers.  It's a story about love and loss, something we can all related to.  Plus The Slackers are my favorite band of all time and remind me of my carefree college days.

First book you remember reading
It was a Little Golden Book but I can't remember if it was The Pokey Little Puppy or a Sesame Street one I can't seem to remember the name of.

Vanilla or Chocolate?
Vanilla.  It's great on top of pie!

Stop by say hi, comment, and FOLLOW
Thanks Dan!

2 comments: