Thursday, August 22, 2013

Unmaking Hunter Kennedy Book Review

Unmaking Hunter Kennedy by Anne Eliot Book Review
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Edition: Kindle eBook
Pages: 439

Goodreads Blurb : 

*copy provided by author in exchange for an honest review*
 After a car accident--an event he considers a prank gone bad--pop star, Hunter Kennedy is forced to hide out with his aunt in small-town Colorado. He's supposed to rest, heal his scars and attend high school in disguise until the press dies down. But he only wants to get back to work.

Worse, the girl who's been assigned to make him over into a geek is a major geek herself. Vere Roth is a chattering pixie, a blushing tornado and a complete social disaster. He's never met a girl who's never-been-kissed, believes in romance and thinks Hunter's a 'nice' guy.

Funny thing is...Hunter is nice around Vere because she's his first real friend. He also can seem to stop sharing his secrets or keep her out of his heart. Knowing he'd never deserve a girl as sweet as Vere, he resigns himself to the friend zone, and helps his new bestie with her own makeover.

She tortures him daily for ridiculous guy advice on how to snag her life-long crush. A guy Hunter thinks is totally wrong for Vere, and sadly, one who has taken note of Vere's transformation.


When Vere asks her best friend for some kissing advice, Hunter can't resist...

And that's when things get out of control...


Review:

ERMAGHERD, my heart is just bursting. Do stories like this really exist in real life? Please tell me they do, I want to believe in this kind of love. I really do.




This book was filled with prospects of love, first kisses, and second chances, and getting better.

I just recently finished Almost, and I couldn't imagine even then that Gray Porter could be replaced by anyone but, then I met Hunter Kennedy. He's physically gorgeous, and beautifully broken. In other words, he's perfect and I know he's fictional...but I love him, and unashamedly so.


I'm so in love with this love, that I cannot contain my glee, I think if I were to step outside in this moment everything would be sunshine and rainbows. Eliot just has a way with love, she's a woman after my own heart.

I have found her way with romance writing to be unparalleled to any other author I've ever read. Although I've read some good romance stories, no one has mastered the finesse that this author has. Everything is so natural, so awkward, uncomfortable but most importantly realistic. Love is sloppy sometimes. Sometimes you just fall into face first and deal with the pain later. I loved the dialogue between each and every character. Every scene was well thought out, and every detail well planned.

I honestly don't have anything bad to say and that's rare. A rarity that I can be happy about. I love love, and I loved watching it blossom between the characters.

I didn't need another fictional boyfriend but, I'm done for. Additionally aside from that I love the way Eliot dabbles between love and more serious issues without making it unbelievable. It supports life and love in the most natural of ways. These are the kinds of stories that matter, the one's that give you hope in love and life. These are the stories that stick with you for all the right reasons. And, if I hadn't made that clear enough if you haven't read it I suggest that you do.



(Luckily I posted my review just in time. If you have a Kindle or Kindle app supported device. Pick up your copy this weekend. This weekend only 8/24-8/25, Unmaking Hunter Kennedy is just .99cents on Amazon Kindle!) It starts today!




10 comments:

  1. This sounds like such a light and fun read. Great review! ~Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely check it out! It's great.

      Delete
  2. I've had this on my Kindle since December, but your review makes me want to move it to the top of the list! I can't wait to feel that gushy about a new book boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recommendation. I just downloaded the book and honestly feel like reading it right now based on your review. I just might put everything else aside and do it!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you do I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.

      Delete
  4. I love the part in the blurb where it says she's his first real friend- aw! I don't read a lot of contemporary YA, but this sounds like one that I definitely should. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's so cute right? Only .99 cents this weekend for Kindle or Kindle app. So worth it!

      Delete
  5. I ADORE THIS BOOK!!!! Anne gave me a copy to review an I have to say this is one of my favorite books EVER!!! So happy you liked it :D
    Happy reading
    Jackie

    nobentspines.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah this book is great! I got my copy from her too! Did you read Almost? I love that one too!

      Delete