Friday, August 30, 2013

Feature and Follow Friday # 5



 Feature & Follow Friday and How it Works:

Gain new followers and make new friends with the Book Blogger Feature & Follow! If this is your first time here, welcome! You are about to make some new friends and gain new followers -- but you have to know -- the point of this hop is to follow other bloggers also. I follow you, you follow me.


Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by Parjunkee and Alison Can Read. This week's F&F topic/question is: 

If you could only have ONE – one book – for the rest of your life. Don’t cheat…what would it be?

This is a really tough question. I'm going to go with The Turkish Lover by Esmeralda Santiago. I read the first book in this series of memoirs in an English course and I fell in love with the story. I ran and got the the rest of the books. This is the last in the series. I think I could live reading it over and over again...

The Turkish Lover by Esmeralda Santiago  

Goodreads Blurb

Enthralled admirers of Esmeralda Santiago's memoirs of her childhood have yearned to read more. Now, in The Turkish Lover, Esmeralda finally breaks out of the monumental struggle with her powerful mother, only to elope into the spell of an exotic love affair. At the heart of the story is Esmeralda's relationship with "the Turk," a passion that gradually becomes a prison out of which she must emerge to become herself. The expansive humanity, earthy humor, and psychological courage that made Esmeralda's first two books so successful are on full display again in The Turkish Lover.


How did you answer this tough question?

14 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this book! Thanks for stopping by my FF. I followed via GFC DanaSquare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this book! Thanks for stopping by my FF. I followed via GFC DanaSquare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool book, haven't read it but sounds interesting.

    My Feature Follow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I haven't read that one but it sounds very good. Thanks for stopping by my FF. New follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a really tough question. I think it took me nearly all week to make up my mind, and then I just caved and answered my current book. New follower via Bloglovin', thanks for your visit and the follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower :)
    http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of that book and it sounds so good! Thanks for stopping by my FF.

    Kimber Leigh @ Once Upon a YA Book

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a really interesting book, and a great story :) I'm always looking for diverse reads! Awesome FF!!

    New Bloglovin' Follower,

    My FF HERE.
    -Seirra @ Dear, Restless Reader

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a choice I've never seen before. Sounds lovely by the way:)

    Thanks for stopping by my My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that you shared a blurb of the book! I'm a new GFC follower.
    Check out my FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think this was a tough question too. It is a good thing you shared a blurb. I hadn't heard of this book before now and it seems really good!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, It sounds awesome, and I've never read this one!


    New gfc and bloglovin follower!

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2013/08/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never heard of that book before but it sounds interesting. I guess I will check it out sometimes in the near future.

    Thanks for stopping by and happy reading.
    Old follower.

    ReplyDelete