Thursday, August 15, 2013

Feature and Follow # 3


Feature and Follow Friday is hosted by Parjunkee and Alison Can Read. This week's F&F topic/question is: Share something you've learned about book blogging or just blogging in general in the last month.

I've only been doing this about a month (lol) but I can say I have learned some things. One of the things I've learned is that there are no rules. When I started putting my blog together I actually visited quite a few blogs before starting mine just to get some ideas of what I should or shouldn't do. But once I got into it I realized that you write your own rules when it comes to blogging. Yes there are some things you probably shouldn't do aesthetically but yes you can ask for ARC's before three months, yes you can do blog tours, and book blasts. Some will say no and a lot will say yes. Just go for it!

I've also learned that there is such a thing as accepting too many request for reviews. I sure have. Learn to say no or you will overwhelm yourself. I don't care how fast you read but that's just my opinion.

All in all blogging is fun and I'm enjoying the ride.

What about you guys? Comment away!

15 comments:

  1. WOOH!! Let's get crazy cuz there's NO RULES!! BOOHYAH :D
    New bloglovin follower
    Jackie

    http://www.nobentspines.blogspot.com/2013/08/feature-follow_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh! You are so right. I've got to really rein in how many books I say yes too. It gets overwhelming. New bloglovin follower. Happy Friday!

    Meredith
    Meredith’s Musings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more. I've been blogging for almost four months. I'm a host for several tour companies and have more ARCs than I can review easily. Asking is definitely key :)
    Following via Bloglovin, GFC & Google +

    Kimberly @ Once Upon a YA Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems you've learnt a lot in a month. Great answer.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF :)
    Following you back via GFC

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I first stated it was like being alone in a dark room fumbling to find the light switch. Everything you said took me awhile to realize so you are ahead of the game already. Thanks for stopping by. Following through google circles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm from the feature & follow. I just wanted to say great answer and wait till you have your very first blog-block. It sucks. ha ha!! Great blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. True! True! Thanks for sharing :)

    new follower via blog & twitter

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/feature-and-follow-60.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen some bloggers who are like "you're blogging wrong" to others and it's stupid. the "no rules" thing is really true!

    Followed!

    Check out my feature in return? Don’t forget to follow via Bloglovin’!

    - Nova @ Musings of a Blogder

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're enjoying blogging, and welcome to the blogging world! We're glad to have you. Yes, learning to say no is very important.

    New GFC Follower :)

    See what I learned at my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a good way to look at it. :) I love not having "rules" ;)
    Happy Friday! New follower via bloglovin

    My Feature & Follow
    Whit@Whit's Book World

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't ever accept books for review. I just have too many books to read in my own TBR pile then to add even more!!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand but, I can't help myself. I really can't. I have book problems!

      Delete
  12. YES I always seem to have loads of review books! I'm not very good at saying no.
    Thanks for stopping by My FF, I'm a new Bloglovin' follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL Jazmen. I did the same thing. I had books coming in by the truckload. I was so overwhelmed but I learned my lesson!

    New follower via GFC, Bloglovin' and G+. :)

    Wanda @ A Book Lover's Retreat

    ReplyDelete