Sunday, July 28, 2013

Sappy Sunday (The Fault in Our Stars)

For today's sappy sunday I figured I would start with the obvious choice, 'The Fault in Our Stars' by John Green.

For those of you who haven't gotten a chance to check out my Bookly Blog Schedule on sappy sunday's I will discuss books that make you cry, or make you feel sappy. (hopefully in a good way)

It took me some time to read The Fault in Our Stars, simply because I like to rebel when it comes to book choices. I don't like to always go with the flow just because it's flowing. I like to read whatever I like even if it's not well know but, I always tell myself I will get to it eventually. TFIOS  is one of those books.




The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Published Date: January 10th, 2012
Publisher: Dutton Books

Goodreads Blurb:
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.

My review is here.

This book is devastating and beautiful. I don't know how I managed to dodge reading it for so long. I really don't want to talk about the book because I don't want to give anything away but, if you haven't read it you should...and make sure you bring a box of tissues. This books is more of a sappy week than a sappy sunday. I don't even cry when reading books usually, but I shed actual tears reading this book. This book had the kind of plot and characters that good books are made of. 

If you've read this, did it make you cry? If you haven't are you planning to?

6 comments:

  1. I have no idea why I haven't read this book yet! I keep hearing so many wonderful things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great book. It took me a while to read it but it was worth it. You should check it out and let me know what you think!

      Delete
  2. THANKS for stopping by my Book Blogger Hop post.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I'm following you as well. Or I think I am. I have to check! :P

      Delete
  3. I feel like the only one saying this but, I don't get the hype. I like the idea of this book and I LOVE August. The story line wasn't what I'd hoped it to be. Anyway, nice review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I just really connected with and loved the characters and that was enough for me. :)

      Delete