Monday, July 22, 2013

MANIC MONDAY (What the heck is Manic Monday?)




So What the heck is Manic Monday?

Manic Monday will be the day I post a book that
I am manic about. I will do so every monday.

What does it be mean to be Manic?

The definition of Manic is defined as "pertaining to or affected by mania. Mania is defined as "excessive excitement or enthusiasm; craze." (courtesy of dictionary.com)

Well, I get manic about a lot of books but let's stick to one a day shall we?



Today's Manic Monday book is Quarantine #2: The Saints by Lex Thomas.
<-----Look at that beauty right there! Just take a moment and love on that cover. 

I am manic about this book and I have been since it released this earlier this month, and even before that. I don't know many people who have read this book and I don't know why! It's friggin amazing! I love dystopian, kids trapped, only the strong survive kind of books.

I haven't been able to get my hands on this book as of yet but if you're looking for it you can find it here:

Amazon or here Barnes and Noble

Here's a synopsis from Goodreads

A cross between the Gone series and Lord of the Flies, Quarantine #2: The Saints contunues this frenetically paced and scary young adult series that illustrates just how deadly high school can be.

Nothing was worse than being locked in—until they opened the door...
McKinley High has been a battle ground for eighteen months since a virus outbreak led to a military quarantine of the school. When the doors finally open, Will and Lucy will think their nightmare is finished. But they are gravely mistaken.

As a new group of teens enters the school and gains popularity, Will and Lucy join new gangs. An epic party on the quad full of real food and drinks, where kids hookup and actually interact with members of other gangs seemed to signal a new, easier existence. Soom after though, the world inside McKinley takes a startling turn for the worse, and Will and Lucy will have to fight harder than ever to survive.
The Saints brings readers back to the dark and deadly halls of McKinley High and the QUARANTINE series. 


If you haven't read the first one check the Goodreads website for information. I mean seriously, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment