Wednesday, July 24, 2013

End Days (The Hitchhiker Strain, #0.5) by Kellie Sheridan Book Review

End Days (The Hitchhiker Strain, #0.5) by Kellie Sheridan Book Review

Genre: Zombies, Young Adult, Dystopian

Rating:

4 out of 5 stars

*Copy provided by NetGalley*

Blurb from Goodreads:

It's month after the dead first began to walk. The miracle vaccine that was supposed to save us all has failed.

Now, four teens fight to stay alive as a stronger, smarter breed of zombie begins to appear, threatening to end humanity for good.

Four short stories, 11,000 words total.

Prequel to Mortality (March, 2013).



Review

Wow. Okay so I don't really like zombie themed books because well, they give me the creeps. I know, I know it's not real but, the thought of the dead walking the earth, and eating people just does something to me, like scare me. Not this book. This was just a prequel but I'm already scrambling trying to think of how I can get my hands on next book, the real first book.

It was very well written, and very hard to put down. It's a good thing it was only around 30 pages or I would've lost sleep trying to finish it. This is the one of the first prequel books that I've read that has actually done something for the book it's trying to get you to read. Books like these tend to turn me off. They usually just don't have enough to keep me interested, and they tend to be boring.

What I really liked was the style of writing, starting the book off with letters from the perspective of people unaffected and then the end where we get a look at the people that are affected. I think it turned out really well. It made it easier to read and keep up with. I also really liked the characters they had such depth, and were very relatable. 

I really enjoyed it, and it changed my mind on the whole zombie apocalypse scenario. If they're like this, then I like them. Maybe now I may actually read and watch Warm Bodies. But, if I can just get my hands on Mortality...


Check out Mortality out Now: Goodreads/Barnes and Noble/Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment