Saturday, July 27, 2013

Destined to Kill by Jourdyn Kelly Book Review






I didn't know what to expect when I started reading this book. I always feel a sense of dread when reading books with vampirism as it's main theme because they all seem to be the same. But, this one definitely has it's own standing. The way the author weaved the idea of vampire hunter, and vampire together into one character was what really got me. It was unexpected and perfectly executed. 

The transition from hunter to normal teenager was fantastic and flowed nicely. Once the character begin life in the real world, the suspense picked up immediately. It became unputdownable. I was so excited that I fell asleep with the book still in my hands. (Bookworm problems) I was taken aback by Anala's character. I'm a sucker for a strong female character. She was a force to be reckoned with. In no less words she was total bad a**. I am very impressed with this novel, and even more surprised with how much I liked it.

 I'm really hoping there will be a sequel. It just has to be or I will have many a sleepless night creating scenarios for what could've happened and what I would want to happen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment