Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pinned Up By C. Michelle Book Review


Pinned Up by C. Michelle Book Review

Rating

3 out of 5 stars

Here's the synopsis taken from Goodreads.com

The pumps are red satin with a peep toe, a shiny black contrast heel, and a ruffle detail at the vamp. The cat eyeliner with exaggerated lashes and the red lipstick on my porcelain face make the forties inspired look reach perfection.
I enjoy being a pin-up model…


I genuinely liked this book, and before I dive into reviewing it,  let's just take a minute to appreciate how awesome this cover is. It's amazing!

*This book was provided to me for a honest review.*

Valentina "Nina" Morretti works a side job as a pin-up model, and besides being drop dead gorgeous lives a pretty normal life with her best friend Kade "KD" Dane, that is until she meets Josh. Josh is a drool inducing piece of man candy; and despite Nina's reservations becomes more apart of her life than she ever wanted or anticipated.

The story is told in a very realistic manner, it's like listening and talking to an old friend. It was realistic and relatable. Nina and Kade are the kind of people you wish to be friends with. 

Nina is a bombshell, no mess taker with the body of a model, and the brains of a mafia daughter. She's ruthless and takes no prisoner. She holds her tongue for no one.

Kade is the epitome of a crazy best friend. He refers to him self as "KD", and no it doesn't stand for Kade Dane. ;) He has no filter, he's tackless, but he's loyal like no other. He has Nina's back all the way, and won't willingly let anyone hurt her. He's the male best friend all women wish they had.

Josh is all rock solid muscle, killer smile, and hazel honey eyes. 

The main characters are supported with a great cast. Nina's sassy mom Victoria Moretti, Nina's college friend and Kade's frenemy Emme, Josh's mom Celeste, and Dillon, Nina's most of the time photographer. 

I must say I didn't go into this book with any expectations but, it exceeded them. This is a first for this author, and I must say it was well done. 

The story flowed at a nice pace. It was fully of laughs, realistic situations, and some steamy, blush worthy intimate moments. The plot twist at the end was strategically placed and unexpected. It was a nice way for the story to come together. It will surprise you, and give you a few heart stopping minutes.

Highly recommended for fans who enjoy books like the Bared to You series by Sylvia Day, Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James, and The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. (Does contain adult content)

Some of my favorite quotes:

“It’s ironic how you say I’m not funny, yet you haven’t stopped showing me your stunning smile. It’s really not fair. It’s one hell of a weapon that I’m quickly becoming a victim to.” 

“Focus on the road, tree hugger.”

"Never. I'm yours. Today, tomorrow, for as long as you'll have me."

"For a while, she was head over heels in love with a sparky vampire. If that shit isn't gay, I don't know what is." Kade fakes repulsion. "You leave Edward out of this! Don't talk about my first love that way!..."




No comments:

Post a Comment